Tuesday 5 November 2013

My Holiday To-Do List.

Yay! I am finally on holidays!

After a long year at uni, it is so nice to be able to sit here and write, without having guilt creep into the back of my mind, telling me that I should be studying instead. This means that I will have so much time to bake and experiment with new recipes. This makes me so excited!

As some of you might know, I love being organised. I make lists for everything, and plan out events months in advance. So, of course, I have started to compile a list of yummy, bakeable treats (yes, I know bakeable isn't a word) that I am aiming to make over the summer, and I thought I might share it with you!


© Wagon Wheels

I have never attempted these scrummy biccies, but now that I can make my own marshmallow, I have decided to give them a go!

© Blueberry Galette

I absolutely adore anything blueberry, so after watching a program the other night which was all about galettes (a form of loose pastry with fruit in the centre), I am dying to try them out!


 
 
 
© Toasted Marshmallow Macarons

After reading through Adriano Zumbo's 'Zumbarons', I reallllllly want to try this flavour macaron out (Yes, I am semi-obsessed with marshmallows at the moment). His recipes are pretty complex, but I think I am up for this challenge!


 
 
 
© Tiramisu ice-cream
© Mango sorbet
© Vanilla gelato

For my 21st birthday, I was so lucky to get the Ice Cream bowl attachment for my KitchenAid. This summer, I am really keen to try out a heap of new flavours of ice-cream, gelato and sorbet.


 
 

© Raspberry Jam  

During summer, we grow an abundance of raspberries. Normally, we can't use them all up, so they go to waste. However, I would love to make my own jam, so that I can use it in my own sweet treats, rather than supermarket bought jam!

© Cream Buns

I absolutely love love love cream buns. They are just so tasty, and they look super cute too! I have been experimenting with different types of dough lately, so it will be interesting to see which dough suits this recipe best!


So that is it for now! No doubt I will add to this list, particularly with Christmas coming up. I adore Christmas baking, so keep your eyes peeled for a special Christmas baking post (or two!)

Until next time, happy baking.

xx


2 comments:

  1. Ah, lucky thing, I am still studying for my uni exams (and procrastinating right now...)! Only two weeks until it is over.

    I just found your blog and I absolutely love it! I cannot wait to find out how your treats turn out. I am inspired to compile my own list of things to bake, not forgetting of course many yummy Christmas cakes, biscuits and puddings

    xx Carina
    http:/www.windsweptwishesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! It is so lovely to get such kind feedback :) I just had a peek at your blog-I will definitely be a frequent visitor ;) x

      Delete